Are you looking for a fast-paced, start-up like environment and have a zeal for new development in an agile environment? Zartek Solutions is a small business based in DC Metropolitan area. Zartek Solutions offers competitive salary with a full suite of benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance. We are looking for a Business Development Director with experience in Federal Government Information Technology and Contracting to help us grow. The successful candidate will be mission-focused with proven successes in driving internal processes that support the organization’s overall strategy and mission while still encouraging a creative, professional, team-oriented and employee-centric culture.
The Business Development Director will focus on customer acquisition, lead generation, and prospect management, as this role will garner and meet with potential clients.
The Business Development Director will research client business referrals, network, and web leads; provide prospective customers/clients with all services offered and additional presentations as needed; and work with clients to create solutions for their needs and consult throughout the sales process. Must be energetic, well-spoken, and eager to close sales and increase revenue.
- Customer Oriented – capable of discerning the needs and wants of both internal and external customers, and designing effective products, services and solutions; clearly conveys belief in and commitment to the success of chapters, as well as internal program and advocacy teams.
- Results-Driven-proven track record of exceeding goals and a bottom-line orientation; evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; high level of business acumen including successful P&L management; the ability to balance the delivery of programs alongside the realities of a budget; and problem solving, project management, and creative resourcefulness.
- Strategic Vision and Agility-ability to think strategically, anticipate future consequences and trends, and incorporate them into the organizational plan.
- Action Oriented – Identifying, qualifying, and securing business opportunities; coordinating business generation activities; developing customized targeted sales strategies. Building business relationships with current and potential clients. Understanding client needs and offering solutions and support; answering potential client questions and follow-up call questions; responding to client requests for proposals (RFPs)
- Collaboration – Collaborating with sales and leadership to secure, retain, and grow client base. Creating informative presentations; presenting and delivering information to potential clients at client meetings, industry exhibits, trade shows, and conferences. Creating and maintaining a list/database of prospect clients; maintaining database (Salesforce, CRM, Excel, etc.) of prospective client information. Collaborating with management on sales goals, planning, and forecasting; maintaining short- and long-term business development plans.
- Education—undergraduate degree required; MBA or similar advanced degree highly desired.
How to Apply:
To apply to this position email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Zartek Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.